Treat yourself to the perfect Halloween look. Our trendy team has come up with a list of DIY makeup, hair and nail for you to get ready at home.
Hair Stylist Heather Jasinski recommends beach curls to go with anything you choose to be this year. So get your hot tool ready and let's work on your hair.
1) Make sure your hair is super clean. Wash it twice and smooth dry it.
2) Part one inch hair section from bottom up. Break that section into smaller half inch subsections.
3) Wrap each subsection horizontally around a curling iron or wand while leaving your ends out. Make sure your hot tool is no hotter than 425. And that you have an Aveda heat protectant at home.
4) Repeat this until you have gone through your full head.
Our Makeup artist Rachael Clifford has put together three tips that can work for any makeup.
1) Lashes can go a long way. If you don't have time or are not in the mood to go all out with your makeup, take the time to apply fake lashes. The longer the lashes the better, to really make an impact.
2) Prepare your face before and after your make application. This consists of cleansing, toning, applying a serum, a moisturizer and an eye cream.
3) Invest in a quality makeup kit and look for makeup tutorials. If you are somewhat crafty you can find enough information to help you create some beautiful or scary Halloween makeup at home.
Veronika Kis, nail technician serving clients from Malibu to Westlake Village recommends:
1) Natural nails, clean clipped nails may not be the center of attention but are also a no-brainer that won't steal the spotlight from your costume.
2) For natural nails she recommends Zoya Naked Manicure. According to "Allure", Zoya Naked Manicure Nail Base is the perfect product to prep nails for an at-home manicure, it is enriched with proteins, vitamins, and sulfur amino acids that imitate the natural keratin that make up your nails, and it also helps bring damaged nails back to life. The nontoxic formula is safe for anyone to use (including expecting mothers), and its ingredients provide maximum hydration, which improves both the flexibility and overall strength of your nails.
3) Why go natural? It is easier to cover up any mistakes. So in case you can't paint a perfect nail, go this route and you will still look put together or simply scary.